Prior to moving forward with prototyping, it is suggested to have the following action items completed or in progress:
- Filed an invention disclosure and discussed your invention with a Licensing Officer at the TTO.
- Reviewed prior art (e.g., commercialized products, patents).
- Discussed your project with a member of the CCRI to determine if an iterative design approach to prototyping and product development should parallel a research protocol.
- Submitted a research proposal to the RAG and the IRB, if appropriate.
- Formalized a plan for commercialization, which includes:
Identifying sources of funding support
Establishing collaboration with other programs and resources
Finalizing the research and iterative product development plan, as appropriate