- It's free: UC San Diego already has a licensing agreement with Microsoft in place.
- It knows your contacts: Since Skype for Business uses Active Directory (AD), finding another user is as simple as typing in their name.
- It integrates with your calendar. Skype for Business connects iwth your Outlook calendar and automatically displays your availability.
- It allows guests (non-UCSD staff) to join a Skype for Business meeting through the free Skype for Business Web App.
- Chat/instant messaging with individuals or groups
- Video Conferencing
- Desktop Sharing
Learn more about Skype for Business (Lync), a collaboration tool featuring chat, conferencing, and desktop sharing HERE.